If you have a struggling reader, you know how hard it can be to make sure things ‘click’. Learning to read comes easily for some children but can be really difficult for others.
If you leave them to read on their own, it can take a while to realize your child may have a reason reading isn’t easy for them. By reading alongside them, you will not only help them improve but you can see where they are actually struggling.
Improving their reading skills is important, but helping them gain reading fluency is vital to their education. Without reading fluency, children will struggle in nearly every subject. It is hard to make connections between subjects when they can’t string words together to understand a single sentence.
There are several ways you can help your child build their reading fluency, but one easy way is through partner or buddy reading. The idea is simple but the impact is HUGE! Visit All About Learning Press to read more and see some examples in action!
Want more from All About Learning? Check out these other posts:
- Invite Reading into your Homeschool with a Reading Nook
- Help! My Child Skips Small Words While Reading
- The “No Gaps” Approach to Reading and Spelling
- 10 Tips on How to Motivate Your child to READ!
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Find out why we love All About Learning Press and enter this month’s giveaway here!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- FREE Shakespeare Resources for Tweens & Teens - April 8, 2021
- How Partner Reading Can Improve Fluency - January 15, 2021
- 12 FREE Lessons About Christmas Traditions in Great Britain - December 17, 2020
- Christmas Themed Activity Pack with Snacks, Library List & More! - December 4, 2020
- Why We Love All About Learning Press + a Giveaway!! - December 1, 2020