When I was younger, I loved curling up on my bed to read a good book. It was so cozy and warm, which was perfect for getting engulfed in a great story with new characters in a whole new world.
Now that we homeschool, I see something in my own children – they like comfort. They enjoy being able to sit somewhere comfortable and read to their heart’s content.
So what about those who don’t have a nice quiet room to curl up on their bed? What can you do then?
Create a Cozy Reading Nook!
Reading nooks can be as simple or as fancy as you want them. If you’re ever looking for ideas or inspiration, check out Pinterest. My favorite go-to for inspiration.
Want more reading inspiration? Check out these other All About Reading posts:
- How to Develop Reading Fluency
- What if you suspect your child has a reading problem?
- Help! My Child Skips Small Words While Reading
- The “No Gaps” Approach to Reading and Spelling
Check out these fun reading nook ideas from All About Learning.
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- MASTERCLASS FOR HOMESCHOOLING MULTIPLE KIDS - May 18, 2022
- How to Introduce Anatomy to your Preschoolers & Kindergartners - September 6, 2021
- FREE Brick Building Challenges - June 8, 2021
- FREE Shakespeare Resources for Tweens & Teens - April 8, 2021
- How Partner Reading Can Improve Fluency - January 15, 2021