When I was younger, I loved curling up on my bed to read a good book. It was so cozy and warm, which was perfect for getting engulfed in a great story with new characters in a whole new world.
Now that we homeschool, I see something in my own children – they like comfort. They enjoy being able to sit somewhere comfortable and read to their heart’s content.
So what about those who don’t have a nice quiet room to curl up on their bed? What can you do then?
Create a Cozy Reading Nook!
Reading nooks can be as simple or as fancy as you want them. If you’re ever looking for ideas or inspiration, check out Pinterest. My favorite go-to for inspiration.
Want more reading inspiration? Check out these other All About Reading posts:
- How to Develop Reading Fluency
- What if you suspect your child has a reading problem?
- Help! My Child Skips Small Words While Reading
- The “No Gaps” Approach to Reading and Spelling
Check out these fun reading nook ideas from All About Learning.
Find more All About Learning tips and encouragement here.
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- Alphabet Dot to Dot Worksheets - May 26, 2023
- Alphabet Writing Practice Pages - May 22, 2023
- DIY A is for Alligator Paper Craft with FREE Printable Template - May 19, 2023
- FREE Kinder Math Freebie - May 15, 2023
- Alphabet Bingo Dauber Worksheets - May 15, 2023