Did you know that once kids get to high school lots of schools don’t focus on spelling? Spelling and vocabulary are such an integral part of education. Even though we spend lots of time on devices with spellcheck, essays are many times written by hand. Spelling mistakes can be really embarrassing and bring into question your preparedness.
This curriculum was developed after trying many different spelling and vocabulary programs that either took too much time, cost too much or they just weren’t a great fit. Created by a homeschooling mother of 3, this program is cost-effective, easy to use, and can be used by multiple students within the same family.
Simply Spelling is an all in one high school level spelling program! It will expose your teen to over 2000 high school/college level words!
It works by having your student practice using the words, learning the definitions, actually hearing the word pronounced, and then testing their usage. This is a self-contained curriculum. This means that all that your teen needs for this program is the curriculum, a dictionary, and a pencil. The best part is that they can do this all on their own (other than the weekly test) typically in less than 30 minutes per day!
Want more spelling freebies? Check out these!
- The “No Gaps” Approach to Reading and Spelling
- 4 Spelling Strategies + more!
- The Right Time to Start Spelling Instruction
- Segmenting: A Critical Spelling Skill
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables!
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- FREE Shakespeare Resources for Tweens & Teens - April 8, 2021
- How Partner Reading Can Improve Fluency - January 15, 2021
- 12 FREE Lessons About Christmas Traditions in Great Britain - December 17, 2020
- Christmas Themed Activity Pack with Snacks, Library List & More! - December 4, 2020
- Why We Love All About Learning Press + a Giveaway!! - December 1, 2020