This post contains my referral link which helps support the work of this site. Here’s my full disclosure policy. As always be sure to snag any homeschool freebies that look great quickly – prices and offers can change without notice.
This may be something most homeschool parents don’t think about, but it’s important to figure out for your literacy planning! If you feel like you are ready to start doing spelling with your child, then check out this post! All About Learning can help you figure out when it is The Right Time to Start Spelling Instruction!
First, you can give your child a little spelling test which is included on the post. Then, you can decide whether or not they’re able to start All About Learning’s level one.
There are also lists about why it’s good to wait to start spelling and also, why it’s good not to wait TOO long! You can find links to other helpful spelling resources as well.
Want more spelling help? Check out these other posts:
- The “No Gaps” Approach to Reading and Spelling
- Segmenting: A Critical Spelling Skill
- Does Your Child’s Spelling List Make Sense?
- How to Use All About Spelling with Older Students Tips + Printable
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- FREE Shakespeare Resources for Tweens & Teens - April 8, 2021
- How Partner Reading Can Improve Fluency - January 15, 2021
- 12 FREE Lessons About Christmas Traditions in Great Britain - December 17, 2020
- Christmas Themed Activity Pack with Snacks, Library List & More! - December 4, 2020
- Why We Love All About Learning Press + a Giveaway!! - December 1, 2020