Does your child consistently make spelling mistakes? Maybe they spell phonetically? We all make spelling mistakes, even adults. So how can you handle your child’s spelling mistakes?
I know for me, sometimes it gets irritating making the same corrections over and over on words. After the fifth or sixth time, they should have the spelling memorized, right?!
Even if you’re just starting your homeschool journey, you know from being a parent that every child learns differently and at their own pace. So why wouldn’t it be the same with learning to spell?
Using a good spelling curriculum can help your child build a strong foundation in spelling but that doesn’t mean mistakes won’t happen. So make sure you know how to handle them properly.
More Spelling help from All About Learning:
- Is All About Spelling A Good Fit for Your Homeschool?
- The Right Time to Start Spelling Instruction
- How to Use All About Spelling with Older Students Tips + Printable
- Segmenting: A Critical Spelling Skill
- The “No Gaps” Approach to Reading and Spelling
Check out these tips on handling spelling mistakes and download the free guide from our friends over at All About Learning.
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- FHD’S Advent Resources for Your Homeschool! - November 14, 2022
- List of our Top Winter Resources - October 31, 2022
- Creative Ways to Teach Music in Your Homeschool - September 26, 2022
- Animate your Summer with FREE creative resources from HUE! - September 14, 2022
- Free “Draw The States” US Geography eBook - September 12, 2022