Does your child love summertime? Inspire them to do some creative writing with these summer journal writing prompts.
Summertime is for trips to the pool, building sandcastles, having picnics, and fun with friends.
Does your family have favorite summer pastimes? Perhaps you visit the beach or go camping.
What special memories come to mind from previous summers?
I spent many summers having sleepovers with my best friend and her family. We spent hours swimming in her pool, rewatching our favorite movies, sipping slushies, and rollerskating.
We had many adventures together, including trips to summer camp and Disney World!
Whenever summertime comes around again I am reminded of all our fun times. I kept a journal about our adventures for a long time!
These fun summer journaling prompts will encourage your child to write about their adventures.
They can write about their perfect summer day, or about things they are grateful for.
Story prompts will stir their imagination and get the process started. Prompts about walking through the forest or camping under the stars will surely get them thinking.
These pages are lined and ready to be used.
Grab more free journal prompts below:
- Expository Journal Prompts for High School Students
- FREE Journal Prompts For Kids (30+)
- Gratitude-Themed Writing Prompts
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Jeannette Tuionetoa (see all)
- 12 First Day of Homeschool Fun Activities with Free Printables - August 5, 2021
- Free Chicken Life Cycle Activity - August 5, 2021
- Marine Animal I-Spy Activity - August 5, 2021
- Free Outer Space Lapbook - August 5, 2021
- Days of the Week Activity - August 4, 2021