Learning vowel sounds can be tricky for new readers, but practice makes perfect. Get this FREE Short E CVC Printable for your phonics lessons.
Beginner readers use the letter sounds they have already learned to sound out each individual letter and learn to blend them to make one word.
CVC words are simple consonant-vowel-consonant words that those blended sounds make, the first words kids learn and build on in later reading.
It takes practice for kids to learn to identify individual vowel sounds, and the real challenge is teaching them to learn the difference between long and short sounds.
This Short E printable is a great resource for helping children identify the short E sound and when to use it.
Investigating the short E sound with this detective-themed booklet will be a fun activity when you practice vowel sounds with your child.
Grab more vowel CVC free Printables for your phonics lessons.
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables!
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Jeannette Tuionetoa (see all)
- Christmas in Shakespeare’s Medieval England – FREE Sample Lesson - November 27, 2020
- Owl Notebooking Study Pages - November 27, 2020
- Printable Bible Bookmark Craft - November 27, 2020
- Digital Sight Words Activity - November 27, 2020
- Printable Winter Bingo Game - November 26, 2020