When parents teach their children to rhyme, there is usually lots of fun and laughter to be had. Let’s face it, learning to rhyme words can get pretty funny. I mean Pat wears a fat cat hat, can bring a chuckle to any kindergarten or preschooler’s precious face. These lion FREE rhyming words activity will be a fun little tool to get kids to practice rhyming in no time. Rhyming has also been known to prepare kids for reading, improve oral language skills, and set the groundwork for phonemic awareness.
With this super silly lion rhyming words activity, kids will practice rhyme with CVC words. The way it works is kids choose a card, find the matching short vowel sound and then they can use a hole puncher to select short vowel words that rhyme with the word that displays on the lion card.
Grab these FREE resources to practice rhyming and CVC words at home.
- 5 FREE Ways to Teach Rhyming + Rhyming Test!
- FREE Rhyming Picture Clip Cards
- Robot-Themed Rhyming Words Game
- Goodnight Moon Rhyming Activities
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables!
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Jeannette Tuionetoa (see all)
- 64 FREE Colors of Christmas Journaling Coloring Pages - November 25, 2020
- Around the World Thanksgiving Book - November 25, 2020
- Letter T Turkey Coloring Page - November 25, 2020
- Gratitude Journaling and Activity Printables - November 25, 2020
- Free Six-Week Healthy Habits Program - November 24, 2020