CVC words are single-syllable words made with a consonant, a vowel, then another consonant sound. Will you be teaching your kids CVC word families this year? Is your child ready for reading? If so, these CVC word family bookmarks (FREE) will go great alongside your lessons. The bookmarks are sorted by word family and by beginning sounds.
CVC words are great for introducing children to reading because kids can sound out each letter then bland them to form the three-letter word (decoding). Reading/decoding these three-letter words improve phonemic awareness and the ability to manipulate the sounds in the words.
There are 6 pages of printables with 4 bookmarks per page. The CVC Words families include -ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap, -ar, at, -ed, -en, -et, -ig, -in, -ip, -it, -og, -op, -ot, -ow, -ox, -ug, -un, and -ut.
Grab these resources to help you teach all about CVC words and word families.
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables!
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Jeannette Tuionetoa (see all)
- FREE Adorable Fairytale Bookmarks - February 21, 2020
- FREE Telling Time Games - February 21, 2020
- FREE Printable Fraction Games - February 21, 2020
- FREE ABC Games for Kids - February 20, 2020
- FREE eBook of Project-Based Learning in the Homeschool - February 20, 2020