You can read the other posts in this series here:
I know that many of you love to shop at the Dollar Tree. I was so excited when I found out that the dollar store takes coupons. You can really get some great deals at the Dollar Tree especially now that they take coupons.
Dollar Tree does have an official coupon policy, but here’s a little cheat sheet of how to use coupons at the Dollar Tree:
Using Coupons at Dollar Tree
- You can use manufacturer’s coupons at the Dollar Tree. This includes coupons from the Sunday paper or printable manufacturer’s coupons.
- If you use a printable coupon, however, you can only use up to 2 per day. Use as many as you want of the newspaper coupons.
- You may NOT use store coupons such as Target coupons, Publix coupons, etc. The coupons must come from the manufacturer.
- You can only use 1 Coupon per item.
- If the coupon value is over $1.00 the discount will only be $1.00. That means no overage at The Dollar Tree, but free is good, right?
- You can only use 4 of the same coupons in one day.
- Dollar Tree doesn’t accept coupons for “FREE” items, but they will accept “Buy 1, Get 1 Free” coupons.
- Standard common sense coupon usage also applies so you can’t photocopy coupons, can’t use coupons on an item they’re not supposed to be used for, can’t come back with a coupon for a refund on a previous purchase, etc.
Combining coupons with Dollar Tree prices can really get you some great bargains. The selection of items at Dollar Tree can vary widely from store to store, but some items to look for coupons on include toiletries like toothbrushes and toothpaste, food items, and school supplies. The key is to look for brand names. You won’t find coupons for “no name” or generic branded items. You can search my Coupon Database to see where to find coupons to take with you.
I also have Dollar Tree Coupon Matchups on items that have actually been spotted at Dollar Tree Stores.
What about you?
Do you have any questions, concerns, or tips for saving money on groceries? Please post it in the comments. Who knows..maybe your comment will end up in a blog post.
Holly is a Christian, homeschooler, blogger, coffee lover. She is wife to 1 awesome hunk & 6 little kiddos call her mommy. Oh, and she love to help people save money! You can find her online at iGoBOGO, When You Rise Up, and Food Allergy Cooking.