Many homeschool reading and spelling curriculums teach using word families. But are they really all they’re cracked up to be? All About Learning shares both the pros and cons for using this method in this post about Word Families.
Learning to read may seem random to most kids until you unlock the patterns for them. Word families are a great way to teach such patterns. But there are some cons, so be sure to read on to find out more.
Check out these other posts from All About Learning:
- FREE Activities and Chart to Master Long Vowel Sounds
- Help! My Child Skips Small Words While Reading
- 10 Tips for Reaching Your Struggling Learner
- FREE List of Great Children’s Books
- 10 Tips on How to Motivate Your child to READ!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- FHD’S Advent Resources for Your Homeschool! - November 14, 2022
- List of our Top Winter Resources - October 31, 2022
- Creative Ways to Teach Music in Your Homeschool - September 26, 2022
- Animate your Summer with FREE creative resources from HUE! - September 14, 2022
- Free “Draw The States” US Geography eBook - September 12, 2022