Many homeschool reading and spelling curriculums teach using word families. But are they really all they’re cracked up to be? All About Learning shares both the pros and cons for using this method in this post about Word Families.
Learning to read may seem random to most kids until you unlock the patterns for them. Word families are a great way to teach such patterns. But there are some cons, so be sure to read on to find out more.
Check out these other posts from All About Learning:
- FREE Activities and Chart to Master Long Vowel Sounds
- Help! My Child Skips Small Words While Reading
- 10 Tips for Reaching Your Struggling Learner
- FREE List of Great Children’s Books
- 10 Tips on How to Motivate Your child to READ!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- FREE Shakespeare Resources for Tweens & Teens - April 8, 2021
- How Partner Reading Can Improve Fluency - January 15, 2021
- 12 FREE Lessons About Christmas Traditions in Great Britain - December 17, 2020
- Christmas Themed Activity Pack with Snacks, Library List & More! - December 4, 2020
- Why We Love All About Learning Press + a Giveaway!! - December 1, 2020