If there’s fun involved, you can almost always get a kid to participate. Use this silly sentence writing activity for some giggle-inducing practice time.
When learning is fun, kids will engage more and will usually remember more information.
Some of our best homeschool memories are from moments during silly writing activities. Since the first assignment that provoked insane laughter, they have begged for crazy prompts.
If it gets them writing and using their imagination, they can laugh as much as they like!
This hilarious writing activity has built-in phrases. You only need a pencil and one die.
To start your first sentence, roll the die.
Find the number on the page and the part of the sentence that goes with it. Write the words on the first line.
Roll the die again to see what part of the sentence will come next. Write those words next to the first ones.
Continue rolling and writing until your sentence is complete.
Read your sentence aloud and see what silly things are created!
As your child discovers each sentence part, discuss the parts of speech that are indicated.
Grab more silly writing games and activities below:
- Writing Game Download from WriteShop (Including 30 Exciting Writing Prompts!)
- Printable Handwriting Letter Boxes Game
- Writing Prompt Roll & Write Game
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Jeannette Tuionetoa (see all)
- 12 First Day of Homeschool Fun Activities with Free Printables - August 5, 2021
- Free Chicken Life Cycle Activity - August 5, 2021
- Marine Animal I-Spy Activity - August 5, 2021
- Free Outer Space Lapbook - August 5, 2021
- Days of the Week Activity - August 4, 2021