This post is from contributor, Judy Hoch.
Online shopping is a huge time-saver for busy families. The good news? It can be a money-saver, too!
Just the fact that you can shop without putting a dime in the gas tank is a definite savings these days, but you can take four more quick and easy steps to maximize your savings.
(This post contains affiliate links.)
How to Save Money While Shopping Online
1. Shop through a cash-back website.
How do you get started? First, join Ebates or Big Crumbs–it’s free to join. Then before shopping online, go to either of those sites and find the link for the online store where you will be shopping. Click through the link and shop as usual, and you will earn cash back in your account. That’s it!
Bonus: Tell your friends about either of these sites and earn some extra cash for referring them!
2. Be sure your order qualifies for free shipping.
Many major retailers offer free shipping with a specified minimum purchase, allowing you to order clothing, toiletries, paper products, and even groceries without paying a shipping fee.
3. Use a discount code.
Check for current discount codes by searching for a term like “Sears coupon code,” or by checking a website like Retail Me Not.
4. Pay with a discounted gift card.
Maximize your savings by paying with a discounted gift card from a reputable site such as Cardpool. You can get electronic gift cards for as much as 35% off face value, and the codes are delivered to your email within 24 hours (usually within a couple minutes).
While discounted gift cards are not available for every online store, you’ll be surprised at how many you can find:
- Barnes & Noble
- Old Navy
- Christopher & Banks
- Home Depot
- Bath & Body Works
- dozens more!
Bonus: Refer your friends and earn! You can also sell unwanted gift cards for up to 92% of face value.
Use these four simple steps every time you shop online, and watch your savings grow!
Latest posts by Judy Hoch (see all)
- How to Make a Timeline Notebook in Your Homeschool - August 17, 2018
- When Homeschool Moms Experience Burnout - January 29, 2018
- Homeschooler’s Guide to George Washington - January 9, 2018
- Housekeeping Confessions of a Homeschool Mom (+ Homeschool Cleaning Schedule Ideas!) - September 18, 2015
- 10 Presidents’ Day Activities for Kids - February 12, 2015