I wonder how parents parent without tools to help them with a child’s different emotions. This strategy and grounding exercise can help with regulating emotions free printable for kids.
Of course, our guiding principle should be the Lord and prayer when it comes to helping our children’s emotions. Thankfully there are tools we can use to practically work this out with our kids.
After teaching your kiddos about the five senses, you can then teach them how to regulate each of these senses when their emotions feel out of whack.
The free printable download is called the 5 4 3 2 1 grounding Technique — Stay Calm, Stay Safe, Stay Present packet.
I know when my son (10 years old) is feeling extra emotional. When this happens it completely helps him for me to sit – even on the floor – and speak with him softly.
Adding these techniques will add additional comfort to him and provide needed tools for him to use in self-regulating his feelings.
Grab more free resources to help your child with regulating emotions at home.
- FREE Emotions Scripture Memory Cards
- Emotions Matching Game Printable
- FREE Exploring Emotions With LEGO Faces – 3rd -6th Grade Set
- Emotions with Picture Books
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables!
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Jeannette Tuionetoa (see all)
- FREE CVC Word Crack the Code Game - August 11, 2020
- FREE Printable Gratitude Challenge - August 11, 2020
- FREE Line of Symmetry Worksheets - August 11, 2020
- FREE Memory Match Shell Game - August 10, 2020
- Back to School Scripture Memory FREE Printable Pack - August 10, 2020