You won’t want to miss this collection of FREE Latin learning resources curated by Word Tips to learn Latin – Its Origins, Impact, and Continued Use.
The idea that 21st-century people are still using elements of a language created around the 6th century BC would seem rather odd, but it’s the truth.
French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian all evolved from this one source. They are called the five Romance languages.
English also contains many Latin words and root words, especially in medical and military terminology, and many expressions are still used on a daily basis.
Alter ego, Carpe diem, Requiescat in pace (Rest in Peace) are a few phrases we use today with many not knowing they are derived from the Latin language.
Some say that the study of Latin (Latin – Its Origins, Impact, and Continued Use) is a fascinating pursuit that can reveal much about our world today and how we communicate. This resource can help.
Grab more free Latin resources to help your students explore Latin at home.
- Teach Latin- Roots with Word Trees
- FREE Latin Noun Declension Printables
- Latin Audiobook: Cornelia
- Number Coloring Pages in English, Spanish, French, and Latin
- Latin America Countries Flag and Map Match Printable
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables!
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Jeannette Tuionetoa (see all)
- 64 FREE Colors of Christmas Journaling Coloring Pages - November 25, 2020
- Around the World Thanksgiving Book - November 25, 2020
- Letter T Turkey Coloring Page - November 25, 2020
- Gratitude Journaling and Activity Printables - November 25, 2020
- Free Six-Week Healthy Habits Program - November 24, 2020