I love the fact that the Wright Brothers were sons of a minister. Teach your kids about perseverance and all about famous inventors with this free Wright Brothers Mini-Unit.
Learning about inventors is always fun for kids. I personally enjoy learning about inventors. It teaches kids they can think outside the box, and they learn about normal people who invented amazing things.
Orville Wright (1871 – 1948) and Wilbur Wright (1867 – 1912), designed, built, and flew the very first powered airplane in 1903.
Above this and many other inventions, I found it interesting that their father (the minister) had an amazing influence on them.
They were encouraged to read, ask lots of questions, and to learn about what interested them. Their father was said to ask them to argue a topic, then switch sides and argue for the opposite point of view.
I see this as a hugely significant in how they were able to troubleshoot and have the perseverance and motivation to become inventors as adults.
Grab more unit studies on people that will influence and motivate your kids in learning.
- Great Inventors FREE Copywork Bundle
- Inventors and Inventions Unit Studies
- FREE The Wright Brothers Unit Studies and Printables
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables!
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Jeannette Tuionetoa (see all)
- FREE CVC Word Crack the Code Game - August 11, 2020
- FREE Printable Gratitude Challenge - August 11, 2020
- FREE Line of Symmetry Worksheets - August 11, 2020
- FREE Memory Match Shell Game - August 10, 2020
- Back to School Scripture Memory FREE Printable Pack - August 10, 2020