This is a post by Free Homeschool Deals contributor, Beth from 123Homeschool4Me.com
Your Kindergartener is ready to start building simple words and using these Add-A-Vowel kindergarten worksheets are a great way to start. We always used them along with Leap Frog Talking Words Factory that introduced the “sticky vowels” so well.
To use just print two sided, laminate, and cut out strip.
Optional use a hole punch and ring clip to hold them together.
How to Use Kindergarten Add-A-Vowel Spelling Strips
You can have your child use a dry erase marker to trace the letters and add the missing vowel.
To make it a hands spelling games, I suggest having a mixture of blocks, foam letters, alphabet stamps, etc. with just the vowels in front of your child. Then have them put the right one in the space to spell the word. You can have them race to improve their time or accuracy.
They can turn the strip over to see the correct answer.
More Kindergarten Printables You’ll LOVE!
- Reading the EASY Way – Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Spelling Practice (the next step to these Add-a-Vowel Spelling Cards)
- Kindergarten Word Family SLIDERS
- Alphabet GO FISH Game
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from clipart.com
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
CLICK HERE for more free instant downloads!