This is a post by Free Homeschool Deals contributor, Crystal from Crystal and Co.
We started homeschooling three years ago and have not looked back. It was heavy on my husband’s heart, I was scared I would fail at teaching them. He wanted this so badly for our boys.
Let me just say, now I could never imagine it any other way. Homeschooling has been perfect for our family!
Let me add, we’re a large family on a budget and one thing I love to do is find free resources online.
Printable alphabet worksheets are super fun and my preschooler loves them. (So do my older boys!)
Let me show you how you can use this seven page packet that is all about the letter A.
There are seven pages. I am going to show you three of them and then you can open the packet and print them all!
One important skill for young learners is to be able to identify something that is different in a group of items.
This worksheet has 5 images in each row. Have your child circle or color the item in each row that is different.
(Coloring is such an important skill to learn. Learn more about all of the skills that are build using kid color pages!)
The next page is a big alligator they can color.
What color would you make your alligator?
I also included some handwriting practice which is very important for young learners!
There is only one page in this packet that prints in all color. I did this to save you on ink.
On this page, each row has four images. Have your little one put an “X” on the picture in each row that does not start with the letter Aa.
If your little one is too young for this activity, but old enough to recognize the letter Aa in print, you can write under each image what the name of the picture is and let them find the words that start with the letter A.
The remaining four pages include line tracing practice, letter identification, sound recognition, and letter tracing with formation practice. I think your preschooler or Kindergartner will love these!
More Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Hand Print Art: A is for Alligator
- Letter of the Week Craft: A is for Alligator
- Preschool Letter Worksheets: Alligator Do a Dot
- Handwriting Practice for Kids: A is for Alligator
- Books Children Must Read: Letter A
- Letter of the Week Snack for Aa
Swing by and check out Crystal, a Dallas Mom Blogger, who runs the mommy resource and solution site Crystal & Co.! She loves to share activities for kids, teach busy families how to meal plan and share real easy recipes. She is a fast-paced mom of all boys, five to be exact (including twins), who is in the trenches of homeschooling. Are you tired yet?
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
CLICK HERE for more free instant downloads!
Latest posts by Crystal Lopez (see all)
- FREE LETTER F PRESCHOOL WORKSHEETS (Instant Download) - June 25, 2018
- FREE 7 PAGE LETTER E PACK (Instant Download) - April 26, 2016
- FREE LETTER D WORKSHEETS (Instant Download) - February 25, 2016
- FREE LETTER C WORKSHEETS (Instant Download) - January 7, 2016
- FREE LETTER B WORKSHEETS SET (instant download) - February 17, 2015