My daughter has started learning Japanese this year. She is really intrigued about the land and culture. She hopes to apply for this college scholarship to Japan in her senior year. One thing that she fell in love with about Japan is the landscape views of cherry blossom trees filling the streets. Your kids will enjoy this beautiful DIY cherry blossoms craft. It is perfect for a Japan unit study.
The cherry blossom is also called sakura. The cherry blossoms have been celebrated in Japan for centuries. They are held at a high distinction in Japanese culture. There is a U.S. Naval base in Okinawa, Japan. While I was in the Navy, I would hear wonderful stories about the cherry blossoms that would open as early as January. In other parts of Japan like the northern island of Hokkaido, the cherry blossoms would bloom as late as May. Our family has hopes to see them for ourselves one day.
Grab these other FREE resources to share with your kids throughout your school year.
- Educational Apps for Android & iTunes: Stellarium Sky Map, Learn Japanese, & More!
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- 16 Kindle Freebies: The Green Ember, Spring Crafts for Kids, & More!
- FREE F is for Flower Craft
Click here for this precious cherry blossoms craft to do with your kids at home, especially alongside a Japan study.
CLICK HERE for hundreds of free homeschool printables!
Be sure to follow the Free Homeschool Printables and Worksheets board on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Jeannette Tuionetoa (see all)
- FREE Tool-Themed Emergent Reader - March 31, 2020
- Spreading Kindness FREE Poster - March 31, 2020
- FREE Learning Resources and Virtual Tours - March 31, 2020
- PreK and K School Closure Homeschool FREE Printables - March 30, 2020
- FREE Printable Copywork with Psalm 91 - March 30, 2020