On the Free Homeschool Deal’s Facebook page we’re chatting it up about today’s question, How did you teach your child to read?
Come and chime in over there or leave your answer in the comments below.
This is a fun way to hear from lots of homeschooling families from around the world!
CLICK HERE to read more homeschooling questions!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- FREE Kinder CVC Vowel Worksheets - June 2, 2023
- Why We Love All About Learning Press + a Giveaway!! - June 1, 2023
- Alphabet Dot to Dot Worksheets - May 26, 2023
- Alphabet Writing Practice Pages - May 22, 2023
- DIY A is for Alligator Paper Craft with FREE Printable Template - May 19, 2023
Your baby can read, can’t say enough about it. I don’t know how but when smart stuff was a baby we watched them together everyday and reading just happened. He has been reading since about age 2 and at six he is reading things like Chronicles of Narnia and the Hobbit. I love it when he sits on his bed and reads his bible. It just blows me away. Spelling happens just as naturally. I know many don’t like the program but I think it’s fantastic.
I’ve taught both my kids with Teach your child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons, by Engelmann. Well worth the time and investment. I’ve recommended it to all my friends with little kids. Both my children were reading at the age of 4. My son has read hundreds of books since then.