This post is by Sarah Outlaw of Real Food Outlaws.
Pancakes? Really? You pulled your kids out of school over pancakes? That’s a bit odd, don’t you think?
Obviously pancakes are not the only reason we homeschool but, YES! It is a bit odd but hear me out. My kids had to be at school by 8:00am every day. Breakfast was a mad rush of me trying to get something healthy into them while they frantically shoveled food in their mouths on their way out the door. Pancakes were out of the question unless I made them the night before or woke up at the crack of dawn.
For six years this was our life. Rushed breakfasts, hours of homework, and a lot of frustration. It got worse as the years went on. When we made the decision to homeschool, I couldn’t help but smile because I knew I would get breakfast time back!
We just finished up our first homeschool year. We enjoyed many leisurely pancake breakfasts this year. Lots of time to sleep a little longer and just sit at the table and talk about our day. We were able to open the Word and talk about God. We just had time!
Homeschooling changed the tone of my home. We went from that frantic, rushed family to much more low-key. I’m not saying that it was all roses and butterflies, because we definitely had our peaks and valleys, but being able to have breakfast in the morning really helped us connect.
I’ve gathered some of our favorite pancake recipes as well as some from fellow bloggers.
What are your favorite breakfast memories from this past year?
Latest posts by Gigi (see all)
- Giveaway – Enter to Win a $100 Gift Certificate from All About Learning Press - March 2, 2020
- Enter to Win a Tablet & the Letter Tiles App from All About Learning Press - January 2, 2020
- Amazon Deal: 36% Off Mavis Beacon Keyboarding Kidz - December 20, 2019
- Amazon Deal: 38% Off Learn Spanish: Rosetta Stone Bonus Pack Bundle - December 18, 2019
- Amazon Deal: 30% Off Osmo – Genius Kit for Fire Tablet – 5 Hands-On Learning Games - December 17, 2019