This post contains my referral link.
Last weekend I was able to go into one of my favorite places on earth, the Dollar Tree. I took in $16 cash so I wouldn’t end up spending $50. Am I the only one who has walked out of the Dollar Tree with $50 in $1 items? Maybe it’s just me. 🙂
Here’s my stack of items before I pruned my picks before check out. I had about $20 worth of items in this stack and I needed to put a few items back.
This is what I finally settled on:
- Two dry erase boards with dry erase markers (for my 2 & 4 yr olds)
- One ABC and lined letter writing dry erase board (for my 6 yr old)
- Two Elmo Alphabet workbooks (for my 2 & 4 yr olds)
- One Alphabet Domino Game (for my 6 yr old)
- One 20 piece box of sidewalk chalk (we have several chalk board walls in our house)
- One 2-pack of scissors
- Two 3-packs of stick glue
- Five colorful storage containers
I bought the fun colored plastic containers to use creatively for storage. I used one for a large crayon tub. I used another one to store stencils and another container to hold markers.
Our older boys always have duct tape and tools available for different project inspirations. I just threw their latest collection of supplies in its own storage tub as well.
Here’s Naomi and Gabriel enjoying a clean work area and the new marker tub. Look closely at this picture. Can you tell that Gabriel has been enjoying the markers a little too much? 🙂
And don’t think our work area is picture perfect by any means. Next up I’m sharing with you the huge mess that I finally cleaned up in this room.
So tell me, what are some of your favorite items to pick up at the Dollar Tree?
If you need more frugal homeschooling inspiration check out all of the Homeschooling for Free and Frugal posts!
Latest posts by Jamerrill Stewart (see all)
- FREE Homeschool Resources to Celebrate Memorial Day! - May 27, 2019
- FREE April Activities, Crafts, & Projects (limited time!) - April 5, 2019
- FREE Worksheets: All About Tornadoes - March 5, 2019
- FREE Joaquin Sorolla Fine Art Pages (March only!) - March 4, 2019
- FREE March Monthly Meal Plans! - March 1, 2019