For almost every homeschool family, the holidays make for copious amounts of time spent in the kitchen whipping up holiday treats and goodies for the festive functions this time of year brings. Homeschooling during the holidays can feel incredibly overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be that way. With a little creativity and patience, you can relax and let the homeschool lessons be taught by gingerbread men and candy canes. This year, let your holiday baking be the homeschool curriculum!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
History of the cookie
Baking Math worksheets (these go with a video lesson that is for sale on the site, but these worksheets can definitely be used as a standalone)
Grandma’s Christmas Cookies
Advent Baking Calendar (a new cookie each day!)
Children’s Book Advent Countdown (a new book each day – try to incorporate books that talk about holiday baking!)
*Originally published December, 2012.
Amy of RaisingArrows.net is the homeschooling mother of 6 (soon to be 7) living children and one precious little girl named Emily being held in the Lord’s arms. Her days are filled with giggly girls, rambunctious boys and sticky baby kisses. At night, she writes about it all with the desire to encourage and equip other mothers in the trenches.
Latest posts by Gigi (see all)
- FREE Thanksgiving Online Unit Study – Limited Time! - November 12, 2019
- Create An Affordable, FUN, Homeschool Elective - November 1, 2019
- FREE Printable Fall Bucket List for Families - October 25, 2019
- Constellation Cards and Cheat Sheets Freebie - October 24, 2019
- (Limited Time FREEBIE) Gratitude Journal for Mom & Kids - October 23, 2019