For almost every homeschool family, the holidays make for copious amounts of time spent in the kitchen whipping up holiday treats and goodies for the festive functions this time of year brings. Homeschooling during the holidays can feel incredibly overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be that way. With a little creativity and patience, you can relax and let the homeschool lessons be taught by gingerbread men and candy canes. This year, let your holiday baking be the homeschool curriculum!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
History of the cookie
Baking Math worksheets (these go with a video lesson that is for sale on the site, but these worksheets can definitely be used as a standalone)
Grandma’s Christmas Cookies
Advent Baking Calendar (a new cookie each day!)
Children’s Book Advent Countdown (a new book each day – try to incorporate books that talk about holiday baking!)
*Originally published December, 2012.
Amy of RaisingArrows.net is the homeschooling mother of 6 (soon to be 7) living children and one precious little girl named Emily being held in the Lord’s arms. Her days are filled with giggly girls, rambunctious boys and sticky baby kisses. At night, she writes about it all with the desire to encourage and equip other mothers in the trenches.
Latest posts by Jamerrill Stewart (see all)
- Free Thanksgiving Creative Writing Prompts - November 16, 2018
- What is your Homeschool Style? Take the Quiz! - October 25, 2018
- 28 NEW Homeschool Freebies & Deals for 10/12/18 - October 12, 2018
- Save 25% on Fun Halloween Books from Dover! - October 12, 2018
- Free Autumn Themed ABC Printable Pack (Instant Download) - October 10, 2018