For almost every homeschool family, the holidays make for copious amounts of time spent in the kitchen whipping up holiday treats and goodies for the festive functions this time of year brings. Homeschooling during the holidays can feel incredibly overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be that way. With a little creativity and patience, you can relax and let the homeschool lessons be taught by gingerbread men and candy canes. This year, let your holiday baking be the homeschool curriculum!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
History of the cookie
Baking Math worksheets (these go with a video lesson that is for sale on the site, but these worksheets can definitely be used as a standalone)
Grandma’s Christmas Cookies
Advent Baking Calendar (a new cookie each day!)
Children’s Book Advent Countdown (a new book each day – try to incorporate books that talk about holiday baking!)
*Originally published December, 2012.
Amy of RaisingArrows.net is the homeschooling mother of 6 (soon to be 7) living children and one precious little girl named Emily being held in the Lord’s arms. Her days are filled with giggly girls, rambunctious boys and sticky baby kisses. At night, she writes about it all with the desire to encourage and equip other mothers in the trenches.
Latest posts by Gigi (see all)
- Giveaway – Enter to Win a $100 Gift Certificate from All About Learning Press - March 2, 2020
- Enter to Win a Tablet & the Letter Tiles App from All About Learning Press - January 2, 2020
- Amazon Deal: 36% Off Mavis Beacon Keyboarding Kidz - December 20, 2019
- Amazon Deal: 38% Off Learn Spanish: Rosetta Stone Bonus Pack Bundle - December 18, 2019
- Amazon Deal: 30% Off Osmo – Genius Kit for Fire Tablet – 5 Hands-On Learning Games - December 17, 2019