Ah, s’mores! One of my favorite summer treats. Did you know that there’s even a National S’mores Day? Yep, mark your calendar for August 10th so you don’t forget. It’s only a month away!
Since everything in homeschool life can be a learning experience, here’s a fun resource guide for free and frugal learning with s’mores and some yummy recipes too!
Photo courtesty of lovelihood on Flickr
National S’mores Day Resources
Two Daloo has a great post on how you can turn anything into a unit/theme study and the example is s’mores!
Fantastic Fun and Learning posted a 5 day series called M is for Marshmallow that included a variety of activities.
- marshmallow sensory play activity
- exploring marshmallows with the five senses
- marshmallow science experiment
- marshmallow science experiment- color change
- letter recognition activities
My Buddies and I created a Marshmallow Playdough recipe that kids will love!
For This Season has a s’mores felt play food printable pattern.
Little ones will enjoy pretend play with this S’mores Sequencing Activity from Books and Giggles.
Spoonful from Disney has a fun solar s’mores project.
Home.Made can show you how to make a fun s’mores necklace with your kids. These could also be put on keychain rings.
Your beginning reader can have fun practicing with this How to Make S’mores Emergent Reader.
Continue reading practice with this super cute sight word s’mores activity at Simply Learning.
Or if you’re working on shape recognition, this shapes s’mores activity will be perfect.
- Mamas Like Me: S’mores Treats
- Crystal’s Tiny Treasures offers a s’mores recipe for those with food allergies
- Mess for Less: Mini S’mores Pies
- Mess for Less: Angel Food Cake S’mores
- Mess for Less: Crescent Roll S’mores
- Six Sisters Stuff guest post at Craft Quickies: S’mores Bars
- Craft Quickies: S’mores push pops
- Bakerella: S’mores Brownies
- The Pleasantest Thing has a round-up post of over 20 creative s’mores recipes
- Yahoo! Shine had some creative ideas for s’mores, too.
- Craft Quickies has the Ultimate Roundup of 75 S’mores Inspired Recipes that you have to see to believe!
- For the visually inspired, a round up of 15 Pinterest boards all about s’mores.
Would you like MORE S’more recipes? How about 50?! Head over to My Joy-Filled Life for 50 (more) S’More Treats!
Here are more free homeschool resource units!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- How to Introduce Anatomy to your Preschoolers & Kindergartners - September 6, 2021
- FREE Brick Building Challenges - June 8, 2021
- FREE Shakespeare Resources for Tweens & Teens - April 8, 2021
- How Partner Reading Can Improve Fluency - January 15, 2021
- 12 FREE Lessons About Christmas Traditions in Great Britain - December 17, 2020