My friend Sisterlisa from The HomeSpun Life is our guest today. She’s sharing her heart on balancing home and ministry by faith. Let’s gather some wisdom from her walk with the Lord.
Sometimes I hear about other moms who are busy with ministry, homeschool, blogging, writing Ebooks, and making everything at home by scratch and I wonder how they do it all. I used to try to be one of them and it just about broke me, in fact..I think it did. No, I’m sure it did. We thought “full time ministry” was the cream of the crop and that if you wanted to be a serious Christian, busy about the Lord’s work, that we had to pour our lives into the ministry. However, our children saw things differently. When their friends went on camping trips, we couldn’t go. The ministry needed us. When Christmas came around, we couldn’t go out of town to see family like other neighbors could. The ministry needed us. What’s even worse is we tried to insist our kids get involved in doing the very same things we were doing, but it was tearing our family apart. Ministry can be a very good thing and I believe life is a ministry in itself, but not when it gets out of balance.
Latest posts by Jamerrill Stewart (see all)
- FREE Homeschool Resources to Celebrate Memorial Day! - May 27, 2019
- FREE April Activities, Crafts, & Projects (limited time!) - April 5, 2019
- FREE Worksheets: All About Tornadoes - March 5, 2019
- FREE Joaquin Sorolla Fine Art Pages (March only!) - March 4, 2019
- FREE March Monthly Meal Plans! - March 1, 2019