Science is one subject where it is easy to feel as if you have to spend a lot of money in order to give your kids an interesting, hands-on learning experience. There may be the temptation to buy expensive equipment such as microscopes or telescopes.
However, in order to give your kids the chance to explore the world around them and experience science experiments that will wow them, you need to look no further than your backyard or kitchen.
Welcome to FHD’s 3rd annual event, Homeschooling for Free and Frugal Series! Click here to begin reading all of the new Homeschooling for Free and Frugal articles. This article is by contributor, Sharla Kostelyk.
Many of the items needed for these experiments are probably sitting in your cupboards already. Others can be purchased at the dollar store or grocery store and are very inexpensive.
Here is a list of some of the science experiments you can do at home that cost little to no money:
What are your favorite science experiments to do with your kids?
Latest posts by Sharla Kostelyk (see all)
- Homeschooling Through Sibling Rivalry - January 23, 2016
- New Year’s Resolutions for Kids + Free Printable! - December 30, 2015
- Mid-Year Homeschool Boost - December 22, 2014
- Homeschooling: What I Know for Sure - September 8, 2014
- Summer in the Slow Cooker: 25+ Amazing Slow Cooker Recipes - July 21, 2014