Homeschoolers don’t always get snow days, but you can still have a ton of educational fun on snowy days that will make your children forget they are learning! Here are a few ideas to get you started!
Winter Unit Study – this is wonderful!
Snowflake bottles – cut off the bottom of water and soda bottles and paint to look likes snowflakes.
Snow Books for Children
Winter’s First Snowflake
The Snowflake: A Water Cycle Story
Snowflakes for All Seasons: 72 Fold & Cut Paper Snowflakes
The Big Snow
The Snowy Day – and check out this adorable “Peter” doll to go with the book!
Let the snow days begin!
Looking for a way to make sending your children out to play on snowy days less stressful? Check out Amy’s post on Snow Clothes Storage & Strategies!
*Originally published in January 2013.
Amy of RaisingArrows.net is the homeschooling mother of 6 (soon to be 7) living children and one precious little girl named Emily being held in the Lord’s arms. Her days are filled with giggly girls, rambunctious boys and sticky baby kisses. At night, she writes about it all with the desire to encourage and equip other mothers in the trenches. Follow Amy on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Latest posts by Gigi (see all)
- Giveaway – Enter to Win a $100 Gift Certificate from All About Learning Press - July 3, 2020
- FREE Summer Picture Books Library List - June 26, 2020
- Free Printable Household Cleaning Tips & Hacks - June 25, 2020
- Summer Nature Scavenger Hunt Freebie - June 24, 2020
- Free Healthy Eating Journal - June 22, 2020