Homeschoolers don’t always get snow days, but you can still have a ton of educational fun on snowy days that will make your children forget they are learning! Here are a few ideas to get you started!
Winter Unit Study – this is wonderful!
Snowflake bottles – cut off the bottom of water and soda bottles and paint to look likes snowflakes.
Snow Books for Children
Winter’s First Snowflake
The Snowflake: A Water Cycle Story
Snowflakes for All Seasons: 72 Fold & Cut Paper Snowflakes
The Big Snow
The Snowy Day – and check out this adorable “Peter” doll to go with the book!
Let the snow days begin!
Looking for a way to make sending your children out to play on snowy days less stressful? Check out Amy’s post on Snow Clothes Storage & Strategies!
*Originally published in January 2013.
Amy of RaisingArrows.net is the homeschooling mother of 6 (soon to be 7) living children and one precious little girl named Emily being held in the Lord’s arms. Her days are filled with giggly girls, rambunctious boys and sticky baby kisses. At night, she writes about it all with the desire to encourage and equip other mothers in the trenches. Follow Amy on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Latest posts by Gigi (see all)
- Amazon Kindle Deal: The Parable Series: The Pumpkin Patch Parable (75% Off) - October 18, 2019
- Writing Prompts FREEBIES by Age Group - October 18, 2019
- Free Printable Christmas Countdown Calendar - October 18, 2019
- Amazon Deals: The Julia Rothman Collection: Farm Anatomy, Nature Anatomy, and Food Anatomy (40% off) - October 17, 2019
- FREE Orchard Writing Prompts - October 17, 2019