I can’t believe it, but the holiday shopping season is upon us: I’m seeing holiday deals in my inbox already and it’s not even November! A lot of you might agree that holiday gift giving has lost some of what made it special in the past, and the expectation of material goods has gotten out of hand. Just google Walmart + Black Friday + injury for some of the worst.
But despite negative news, there is something really special about getting together and giving loved ones gifts that have meaning. So before you get anything to just check someone off your to-do list, take a moment to model thoughtful giving for your children, family and community. Give them a gift that will last.
Experiences create the memories that bond us. Consider taking loved ones on a local adventure, a music show, committing to an exercise routine or honing cooking skills together. Or even just setting up time for a special day with just the two of you. This can be inexpensive for your pocketbook, and rich in meaning.
Education is also a gift that lasts a lifetime. For youngsters in your life, how about a set of blocks that get their creative juices flowing, science experiments they can do with friends, or Peter and the Wolf, the Nutcracker and other classical pieces you loved as a child?
Whatever their passion as a young learner, stoke those coals. Your gift to them will not only last a lifetime, but positively influence their community!
Make sure you don’t overpay – if you’re new to Educents.com you can get $10 off your first order with my referral. Create a free account with Educents here!
Do you need more homeschool encouragement, help, and ideas? Click here for a TON of Homeschool Inspiration!
Latest posts by Gigi (see all)
- Enter to Win a Tablet & the Letter Tiles App from All About Learning Press - January 2, 2020
- Amazon Deal: 36% Off Mavis Beacon Keyboarding Kidz - December 20, 2019
- Amazon Deal: 38% Off Learn Spanish: Rosetta Stone Bonus Pack Bundle - December 18, 2019
- Amazon Deal: 30% Off Osmo – Genius Kit for Fire Tablet – 5 Hands-On Learning Games - December 17, 2019
- Amazon Deal: 60% Off Scotch Thermal Laminating Pouches - December 16, 2019