*Affiliate links were used in this post.
One of the best free resources at our disposal as homeschoolers is our local library system. Together Free Homeschool Deals and Enchanted Homeschooling Mom are bringing you the monthly library series: Book Marks The Spot! We will share with you a different theme of storybooks for each month and provide a free bookmark to print and take with you on your library adventure!
In the month of July we want to beat the summer reading boredom by selecting the exciting topic of heroes. While your mind might be immediately drawn to think of super heroes such as Batman, Superman, and Iron Man, we urge you to also think outside the box at your local library this month and look into all kinds of heroes we see in our everyday lives that range from rescue dogs, to community helpers, to military personnel, and more! This grouping of storybooks covers grades PreK – 3rd. When you visit your local library during the month of July make sure to look for some of these storybooks!
- My Dad’s a Hero
- Hero Mom
- Night Catch
- Hero Dad
- Zero the Hero (a math book)
- A Little Hero in the Making (a book about manners)
- My Dog is a Hero
- Dex The Heart of a Hero
- Lighthouse Dog to the Rescue
- When You Wander: A Search-and-Rescue Dog Story
- Career Day
- Delivering Your Mail: A Book About Mail Carriers
- A Hero’s Quest (The Tale of Despereaux Movie Tie-In Storybook)
- The Children’s Book of Heroes
- Do Super Heroes have Teddy Bears
Make sure to visit Enchanted Homeschooling Mom to print your free colorful bookmark (with all of the above mentioned storybooks listed on it) to take with you on your visit to your local library!
Did you find any wonderful hero themed storybooks at your local library this month? What was the author and title of the storybook?
Clip art by:
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- FHD’S Advent Resources for Your Homeschool! - November 14, 2022
- List of our Top Winter Resources - October 31, 2022
- Creative Ways to Teach Music in Your Homeschool - September 26, 2022
- Animate your Summer with FREE creative resources from HUE! - September 14, 2022
- Free “Draw The States” US Geography eBook - September 12, 2022