By adding lines on circles we were able to create a simple and effective math activity for kids to learn about symmetry. We used pattern blocks but any small manipulatives would work just as long as you have a matching set. The free printable for this activity includes a blank circle, and circles divided into 2 sections, 4 sections, and 8 sections so the most you would need of any one item would be 8. With all the patterns to choose from children can explore lines of symmetry while being creative and making beautiful artistic patterns. We added a mirror, game, and song to complete our symmetry lesson.
You can find all the directions and download the printable here: FREE Symmetry Circles Activity
Click here for more free math resources for homeschoolers!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- How to Introduce Anatomy to your Preschoolers & Kindergartners - September 6, 2021
- FREE Brick Building Challenges - June 8, 2021
- FREE Shakespeare Resources for Tweens & Teens - April 8, 2021
- How Partner Reading Can Improve Fluency - January 15, 2021
- 12 FREE Lessons About Christmas Traditions in Great Britain - December 17, 2020