Reading aloud to children is a great way for them to fall in love with reading and hear how a fluent reader sounds! Many homeschooling families incorporate read-alouds into their days as a way to broaden their children’s knowledge on a specific subject, or even just as a way to create lasting memories. But, it can be tough to read to children who have trouble sitting for too long. So, check out FREE Printable: How to Keep Kids Busy During Read-Alouds from Leslie Maddox.
You’ll find activity ideas categorized by age – activities appropriate for pre-school/lower elementary, upper elementary, and a few activities that are fun for everyone. You’ll also find a couple of activities to avoid because it’s no fun reading over too much noise or to an empty room!
For other read aloud resources, check out:
Latest posts by Keri (see all)
- FREE Red Fish Blue Fish Playdough Mats - March 21, 2019
- FREE Goldfish Cracker Counting Cards - March 21, 2019
- FREE Preschool Flower Counting Games - March 21, 2019
- Your One Stop Shop for FREE Weather-Themed Resources! - March 21, 2019
- FREE Gross Motor Dice: Tape Lines - March 20, 2019