Reading aloud to children is a great way for them to fall in love with reading and hear how a fluent reader sounds! Many homeschooling families incorporate read-alouds into their days as a way to broaden their children’s knowledge on a specific subject, or even just as a way to create lasting memories. But, it can be tough to read to children who have trouble sitting for too long. So, check out FREE Printable: How to Keep Kids Busy During Read-Alouds from Leslie Maddox.
You’ll find activity ideas categorized by age – activities appropriate for pre-school/lower elementary, upper elementary, and a few activities that are fun for everyone. You’ll also find a couple of activities to avoid because it’s no fun reading over too much noise or to an empty room!
For other read aloud resources, check out:
Latest posts by Keri (see all)
- FREE Road Trip Printables, Games, Tips, & Resources! - May 29, 2020
- FREE Summer Boredom Busters - May 29, 2020
- FREE Beach-Themed Resources - May 27, 2020
- FREE Whole ‘STEM’ Mini-Books - May 27, 2020
- 6 Great Reasons to Read Aloud to Your Kids + Podcast! - May 26, 2020