Reading aloud to children is a great way for them to fall in love with reading and hear how a fluent reader sounds! Many homeschooling families incorporate read-alouds into their days as a way to broaden their children’s knowledge on a specific subject, or even just as a way to create lasting memories. But, it can be tough to read to children who have trouble sitting for too long. So, check out FREE Printable: How to Keep Kids Busy During Read-Alouds from Leslie Maddox.
You’ll find activity ideas categorized by age – activities appropriate for pre-school/lower elementary, upper elementary, and a few activities that are fun for everyone. You’ll also find a couple of activities to avoid because it’s no fun reading over too much noise or to an empty room!
For other read aloud resources, check out:
Latest posts by Keri (see all)
- FHD’s (and more!) FREE Plant and Animal Cell Resources! - October 10, 2022
- FREE Farming Unit Studies, Printables, & Resources - September 12, 2022
- How to Find Homeschool Field Trips In Your State for Hands-On Learning - August 12, 2022
- Ultimate Free Homeschool Planning List: Free Homeschool Planners, Forms, and More - July 22, 2022
- FREE Road Trip Printables, Games, Tips, & Resources! - July 12, 2022