This is a post by Free Homeschool Deals contributor, Erin at Royal Baloo.
Confession time – I don’t like gingerbread. I love building gingerbread houses and making little gingerbread men. I even really enjoy the story of the gingerbread man who runs away and all that. But the taste of gingerbread is just not great to me. It still makes me think of the holidays and family though. The smell alone can trigger those memories!
I wanted to make gingerbread counting mats for the holidays because gingerbread men are pretty cute! And who can resist the gum drop buttons, right?
I always laminate the manipulatives that go with the counting mats, the gum drops this time. It just makes it easier to manipulate them. Sometimes we laminate the mats as well, if I think we will keep them.
I also have a tendency to use gems with these but don’t feel pegged into that hole! There are many options that work just as well! LEGO, counting blocks, themed erasers, etc.
The mats are great for addition and subtraction too!
Don’t miss these other great Gingerbread themed printables:
Gingerbread ABC Matching Cards
Gingerbread Calendar Cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
CLICK HERE for more free instant downloads!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- FHD’S Advent Resources for Your Homeschool! - November 14, 2022
- List of our Top Winter Resources - October 31, 2022
- Creative Ways to Teach Music in Your Homeschool - September 26, 2022
- Animate your Summer with FREE creative resources from HUE! - September 14, 2022
- Free “Draw The States” US Geography eBook - September 12, 2022