Want a fun way to explore data with your kids? This FREE Exploring Math Data lesson from Bethany at Math Geek Mama gives students a hands-on approach to mean, median and mode! This lesson will encourage students to think about and explore the differences between these three measures of center, and discover when one might be more useful than the others! This is meant to be an introduction, so no prior knowledge is necessary and could be used for grades 5-8. The only material needed for this lesson is a pile of pennies (for your data set). A student hand out and teaching tips are included!
Click here for more free math resources for homeschoolers!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- How to Introduce Anatomy to your Preschoolers & Kindergartners - September 6, 2021
- FREE Brick Building Challenges - June 8, 2021
- FREE Shakespeare Resources for Tweens & Teens - April 8, 2021
- How Partner Reading Can Improve Fluency - January 15, 2021
- 12 FREE Lessons About Christmas Traditions in Great Britain - December 17, 2020