Want a fun way to explore data with your kids? This FREE Exploring Math Data lesson from Bethany at Math Geek Mama gives students a hands-on approach to mean, median and mode! This lesson will encourage students to think about and explore the differences between these three measures of center, and discover when one might be more useful than the others! This is meant to be an introduction, so no prior knowledge is necessary and could be used for grades 5-8. The only material needed for this lesson is a pile of pennies (for your data set). A student hand out and teaching tips are included!
Click here for more free math resources for homeschoolers!
Latest posts by Jamerrill Stewart (see all)
- FREE Homeschool Resources to Celebrate Memorial Day! - May 27, 2019
- FREE April Activities, Crafts, & Projects (limited time!) - April 5, 2019
- FREE Worksheets: All About Tornadoes - March 5, 2019
- FREE Joaquin Sorolla Fine Art Pages (March only!) - March 4, 2019
- FREE March Monthly Meal Plans! - March 1, 2019