Christmas time is full of joy, cheer, love and anticipation! I can’ t think of a better time to encourage your children to use their creative juices and start writing during this FUN time of year.
I created these FREE Christmas writing prompts for your students to unite the glorious Christmas spirit. I usually have my children write an outline and a rough draft before writing on the notebook pages.
Ways to Make Writing FUN during the Holidays
- Have a creative writing night with cookies and Hot Chocolate and read your holiday writings as a family
- Read your holiday writings to the elderly at a nursing home
- Have your child give their writing as a gift in a pretty frame
- Create a Christmas writing notebook and add to it each year
- Include a creative Christmas poem in each Christmas card
Please feel free to share these homeschool Christmas writing prompts and ideas, but please link back to the blog post and not directly to the document.
Read 10 Days of Christmas Ideas and Traditions!
Have you pinned these FREE homeschool Christmas writing prompts yet?
Jill is a wife and homeschool mom to 5 almost- perfect boys and 1 princess. Her and her husband believe in teaching their children at home. She thanks God that she is able to stay home and teach her children the Word of God each given day. They have made the choice to live on one income in a two income world despite what The Jones’ might have. Find her on her blog, Blessed Beyond a Doubt. You can also connect with her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and G+.
Latest posts by Jamerrill Stewart (see all)
- FREE Homeschool Resources to Celebrate Memorial Day! - May 27, 2019
- FREE April Activities, Crafts, & Projects (limited time!) - April 5, 2019
- FREE Worksheets: All About Tornadoes - March 5, 2019
- FREE Joaquin Sorolla Fine Art Pages (March only!) - March 4, 2019
- FREE March Monthly Meal Plans! - March 1, 2019