Free Homeschool Unit Studies
This free homeschool resource unit is brought to you by Vicki Arnold of the Vicki Arnold blog.
Beatrix Potter remains popular among families far and wide. In honor of her birthday (July 28, 1866), I have put together a list of resources and ideas for studying four of her beloved books and Ms. Potter herself. I’ve organized them by books so you can easily find the resources you need.
Please note that some of these links are affiliate links.
Beatrix Potter Resources
- Project Gutenberg has a collection of Beatrix Potter books available for free download.
- Homeschool Share has a Beatrix Potter Unit Study and Notebook Printables unit study.
- All That’s Good Publishing has a selection of Beatrix Potter copywork notebooks available on CurrClick inexpensively.
- Victoria and Albert Museum has a collection of articles about Beatrix Potter including a biography and an article on the places that provided inspiration for Beatrix.
- The Beatrix Potter Society has a well organized website dedicated to Ms. Potter, including a timeline of her life and a photo album.
- The Peter Rabbit Garden is in the United Kingdom, but you can visit the website and see some photos of the exhibition. Peter Rabbit Garden opened in 2009 and brought to life Mr. McGregor’s garden. You can even get a few gardening tips from Mr. McGregor.
- Peter Rabbit has a selection of online games. They also have a selection of free computer wallpaper downloads. Your children may enjoy seeing a selection of her childhood sketches. There are also some book-specific resources that I will list below.
- The Literary Traveler has an in-depth article on Beatrix – Beatrix Potter, More Than Just Bunnies: The Legacy of Beatrix Potter
Tale of Peter Rabbit & Benjamin Bunny Ideas
- Peter Rabbit coloring pages plus search and find activity (printable)
- Peter Rabbit coloring page of his mother tucking him into bed (printable)
- Peter Rabbit coloring pages (printables)
- Tale of Peter Rabbit Unit Study and Lapbook Printables from Homeschool Share
- Paper Folding Peter Rabbit stand up paper dolls for your kids to color and act out the story (printable)
- In Lieu of Preschool has an incredible Peter Rabbit Small World Book Play post
- Create your own Peter Rabbit inspired small world play
- Create a Mama Rabbit and Baby Bunnies for imaginative play
- Make some carrots in (edible) dirt
- Simple Schooling Benjamin Bunny Workbook – free workbook for preschoolers to ages 5-7
- Create an origami bunny
- Make a quick bunny craft (you can paint it brown to look more like Benjamin)
- Color a picture of rabbits
- You can make a week of it by using some of the ideas at Homeschool Creations (includes a lapbook)
- Do a character analysis of Peter Rabbit (and any of the other Beatrix Potter characters)
Tale of Squirrel Nutkin Ideas
- Squirrel Nutkin dot to dot (printable)
- Simple Schooling Tale of Squirrel Nutkin Workbook – free workbook for preschoolers to ages 5-7
- Create a squirrel collage
- Learn to draw a squirrel
- Do a squirrel jigsaw puzzle (printable)
- Use this squirrel writing frame to write your own Squirrel Nutkin stories
- Create a squirrel notebooking page
- Choose a squirrel coloring page for little ones to color while you read
The Tale of Jemima Puddle Duck Ideas
- Simple Schooling Jemima Puddle Duck Workbook – a free workbook for preschool to ages 5-7
- Create your own duck collage
- Play a game of Jemima Puddle Duck (card game)
Vicki Arnold is a happy wife to one, busy homeschooling mama to four, and blogger. You can find her blogging at the Vicki Arnold blog – where P31 & Titus 2 meet Colossians 3:23. If she’s not there, you can probably find her on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- Alphabet Dot to Dot Worksheets - May 26, 2023
- Alphabet Writing Practice Pages - May 22, 2023
- DIY A is for Alligator Paper Craft with FREE Printable Template - May 19, 2023
- FREE Kinder Math Freebie - May 15, 2023
- Alphabet Bingo Dauber Worksheets - May 15, 2023