This post contains my referral link which helps support the work of this site. Here’s my full disclosure policy. As always be sure to snag any homeschool freebies that look great quickly – prices and offers can change without notice.
Do you find it hard to teach long vowel sounds to your early readers? Did you know there were tricks you can teach your kids to help them understand long vowel sounds? It can be tricky to get them to hear the sounds correctly, which is why it is good to have some tips from those who have done this before. Read more about it in this Handy Guide to Long Vowel Sounds.
All About Learning shares some great tips and ideas on how to teach your emerging readers about long vowel sounds. But first, you have to understand them yourself.
As you read through their tips, you’ll begin to understand the English language even better and be well on your way to mastering long vowel sounds with your young reader.
And don’t forget to snag the freebies they have sprinkled throughout the post to help you! You’ll find a printable chart with the most common long vowel spelling patterns, plus four printable activities to help them practice!
Latest posts by Gigi (see all)
- FREE August Morning Work Calendar - August 10, 2020
- Invite Reading into your Homeschool with a Reading Nook - August 10, 2020
- Get more than $770 of FREEBIES for a Limited Time! - August 7, 2020
- FREE Silly Sentence Match-Ups Printable Activity - August 4, 2020
- Shark Week Educational Resources: Free Printables, Unit Studies, + More! - August 2, 2020