This is a guest post from Aubrey of Homegrown & Healthy
Cinnamon & Honey Breakfast Rice
I know what you’re thinking. Why eat rice for breakfast when there is oatmeal? For me this was a recipe bred to cure the routine of oatmeal. Don’t get me wrong, I do love my oatmeal. But sometimes I want something that’s just a little, well.. different.
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot.
- Bring the rice to a boil, cover with a lid and reduce heat to gentle simmer for 20 minutes, or according to the manufacturer's directions.
Think of this as rice pudding without any of the unhealthy stuff. It’s an ideal treat first thing in the morning, midday for a snack, or even for a treat after dinner. My favorite part of this recipe, aside from the fact that you can eat it all day long, is that you can substitute “milk” with your own preference: traditional cow’s milk is an option, but why not try almond or coconut milk?
Aubrey is the editor of Homegrown & Healthy, an online community devoted to sharing recipes, crafts, fitness, to provide inspiration for living a healthy, natural lifestyle. Join us on H&H and receive updates with more nutritious, delicious and frugal meals, or follow us on Facebook) or Twitter.
Latest posts by Jamerrill Stewart (see all)
- FREE April Activities, Crafts, & Projects (limited time!) - April 5, 2019
- FREE Worksheets: All About Tornadoes - March 5, 2019
- FREE Joaquin Sorolla Fine Art Pages (March only!) - March 4, 2019
- FREE March Monthly Meal Plans! - March 1, 2019
- FREE McGruff Child Safe Kit - February 11, 2019