Banana Walnut Muffins Recipe
It seems somehow we always have leftover bananas and this recipe is a great way to use a few of them up. Besides, who doesn’t love home baked muffins!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cups chopped walnuts, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and line a muffin tin with papers. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in the butter, mashed bananas, egg, and milk, taking care not to over mix. Fold a ½ cup of the walnuts, reserving the rest for the top of the muffins.
- Using a muffin scoop or ¼ measuring cup, fill the muffin cups about ⅔ of the way full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffin batter with the remaining ¼ cup of walnuts.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
Let sit 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Store leftovers in an air tight container.
What are some creative ways you use up your old bananas?
CLICK HERE for more Easy Homeschool Meal ideas!
Latest posts by Jamerrill Stewart (see all)
- FREE April Activities, Crafts, & Projects (limited time!) - April 5, 2019
- FREE Worksheets: All About Tornadoes - March 5, 2019
- FREE Joaquin Sorolla Fine Art Pages (March only!) - March 4, 2019
- FREE March Monthly Meal Plans! - March 1, 2019
- FREE McGruff Child Safe Kit - February 11, 2019