When is the perfect time to choose a virtual field trip? Anytime! But honestly, virtual field trips are priceless resources for sick days, hospital stays or any time you need an opportunity for more interactive learning but just can’t get out of the house.
Enjoy these 10 virtual field trip ideas your homeschoolers will love.
- Yellowstone National Park – Take a virtual tour of Yellowstone National Park, one of the most popular national parks in the United States. See geysers, waterfalls, and wildlife, all from the comfort of your own home.
- The Louvre – Visit the Louvre Museum in Paris, France, one of the largest and most famous museums in the world. See iconic works of art like the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo.
- The British Museum – Explore the British Museum in London, England, which houses a vast collection of artifacts from around the world. Learn about different cultures and civilizations from throughout history.
- The San Diego Zoo – Visit the San Diego Zoo in San Diego, California, one of the most popular zoos in the world. See animals from all over the globe, including lions, tigers, elephants, and gorillas.
- The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum – Learn about the history of aviation and space exploration at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. See artifacts like the Wright brothers’ plane and the Apollo 11 command module.
- The National Museum of Natural History – Explore the National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C., which houses a collection of over 145 million specimens and artifacts. Learn about the natural world, from dinosaurs to human evolution.
- The International Space Station – Take a virtual tour of the International Space Station, the largest spacecraft ever built. Learn about what it’s like to live and work in space.
- The Great Barrier Reef – Explore the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest coral reef system. Learn about the different types of coral and marine life that call the reef home.
- The Amazon Rainforest – Take a virtual tour of the Amazon Rainforest, the world’s largest rainforest. Learn about the plants and animals that live in the rainforest and the importance of this ecosystem.
- The Galapagos Islands – Explore the Galapagos Islands, an archipelago of volcanic islands in the Pacific Ocean. Learn about the unique wildlife that is found on the islands, including giant tortoises, marine iguanas, and Darwin’s finches.
These are just a few of the many virtual field trips available for homeschoolers. With so many options to choose from, you can find the perfect field trip to supplement your homeschool curriculum and keep your kids engaged and learning.
Get the most out of your virtual field trip!
All these virtual field trips and the free Virtual Field Trip Journaling & Notebooking Pack from CaptivatingCompass.com are ready to help you enjoy learning in your homeschool this week.
Find more FREE Homeschool Printables & Worksheets on our Pinterest boards!
Latest posts by Free Homeschool Deals (see all)
- Christmas 5 Senses Scavenger Hunt - December 8, 2023
- Hanukkah Activity: Printable Playdough Mats - December 7, 2023
- Owl Investigation Bundle - December 6, 2023
- Christmas Counting Worksheets - December 5, 2023
- 8 Things Every Homeschooler Should Know About Jane Austen - December 4, 2023