This is a post by Free Homeschool Deals contributor, Lauren at Mama’s Learning Corner.
I’m back with another file folder game this month! My children have always loved file folder games, and I try to keep a fresh, steady supply on hand.
This Number Mitten Match activity is just perfect for the winter months that are upon us!
And it’s a very versatile activity, in that it practices numerical skills at three different levels.
This Number Mitten Match File Folder Game is very easy to assemble.
To assemble your mitten match game, print all 5 activity pages and the title page. I suggest using card stock to make the game more durable. Laminating the pages is even better!
Use a glue stick or white school glue to adhere the 2 blue mitten pages to an open file folder. You’ll need to turn it length-wise, since the mitten pages are printed in landscape.
Next, cut out the file folder label and glue it to the tab on your folder. Then glue the black and white cover page to the front of your file folder. These two features make it easy to identify this particular file folder game in your stack!
Lastly, use scissors to cut out each of the numbers, number words, and tally marks. These are the game pieces, so they need to be cut apart.
If desired, glue or tape a ziploc bag or 6×9″ envelope to the back of the file folder game to hold the game pieces. Alternatively, you can just slide the ziploc bag inside the file folder game when not in use.
This file folder game has three different levels: choose the correct number, choose the correct number word, or choose the correct amount of tally marks.
Regardless of which level you choose for your child, the play is still the same:
Determine the amount of snowballs on each mitten. Then pick the correct number, number word, or tally mark and place that label to the right of the mitten.
So fun! And a terrific way to practice a variety of math skills!
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
More Activities to Practice Numbers:
CLICK HERE for more free instant downloads!
Latest posts by Lauren Hill (see all)
- FREE DAB IT! BEGINNING SOUNDS WORKSHEETS (Instant Download) - June 22, 2017
- FREE ADDITION WORKSHEETS K-1: (instant download) - May 17, 2017
- FREE SHAPE TRACING WORKSHEETS (Instant Download) - April 18, 2017
- FREE K-1 SUBTRACTION WORKSHEETS (instant download) - March 24, 2017
- FREE PRESCHOOL POND PRINTABLES (instant download) - March 22, 2017