Summer is coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean the ice cream fun has to stop. Check out these fun resources for using ice cream in your homeschool.
Unit Studies & Books
- Homeschool Share :: Ice cream unit and lapbook
- the Vicki Arnold blog :: 10 fun books about ice cream
Games for Learning
- The Meausured Mom :: File folder game for preschoolers for counting and matching numbers 1-10.
- JDaniel4′s Mom :: 8 ice cream games for learning
- Crafty Moms Share :: Ice cream shop dramatic play
- Royal Baloo :: Ice cream 3 digit addition printables
- Royal Baloo :: Ice cream letter sounds printables
- Royal Baloo :: Sundae sight words printables
- Little Page Turners :: ABC scoops
- Play Create Explore :: Ice cream dough
- JDaniel4′s Mom :: Ice cream game with shaving cream and ice
- JDaniel4′s Mom :: Pretend ice cream recipe
- 52 Brand New :: Ice cream taste test
- A Little Learning for Two :: Colored sand ice cream shop
- Spell Outloud :: Messy ice cream sensory box
Arts & Crafts
- Crystal’s Tiny Treasures :: Egg carton ice cream cone craft
- Sugar Aunts :: Fork painting ice cream cones
- A Little Learning for Two :: Doll sized pom pom ice cream
- Twodaloo :: DIY ice cream play set and color matching game
- Mess for Less :: Yummy math fun with felt
- Hodgepodge :: Ice cream sundae chalk pastel tutorial
- Spoonful by Disney :: Ice cream origami paper
- Art Projects for Kids :: Ice cream watercolor painting
- Crafty Moms Share :: Strawberry ice cream with a food processor
- Mess for Less :: Make your own sundaes
- Spoonful by Disney :: Ice cream in a can
- Lots of recipes can be found on Pinterest, here is a board to start with.
Have a little fun with your children and learn about or with ice cream before the warm (hot) weather comes to an end!
Vicki Arnold is a happy wife to one, busy homeschooling mama to four, and blogger. You can find her blogging at the Vicki Arnold blog – where P31 & Titus 2 meet Colossians 3:23. If she’s not there, you can probably find her on Pinterest.