The American Chemical Society has two sets of free chemistry curriculum available to download. The first is a free elementary & middle school chemistry curriculum called Inquiry to Action.
Inquiry to Action is a free curriculum consisting of “a 470-page resource of guided, inquiry-based activities that covers basic chemistry concepts along with the process of scientific investigation” suitable for grades 3-8.
The next free chemistry curriculum from the American Chemical Society is Middle School Chemistry.
Middle School Chemistry was created to be used with students in grades 6-8 with teacher supervision. Description from site:
The book helps students:
- Ask scientific questions and investigate them
- Design and conduct experiments
- Understand their observations on the molecular level
- Record and communicate results
For teachers, Middle School Chemistry includes:
- Comprehensive 5-E lesson plans
- Detailed procedures for activities
- Science background for teachers
- Molecular model illustrations and animations
- Student activity sheets and student reading
Find more free homeschool curriculum here!